Dr. Atiyah’s research interests include the economic valuation of marine and coastal resources and policy development related to their conservation.
- Atiyah, P., Pendleton, L., and Vaughn, R. 2013. Measuring the Effects of Coastal Mitigation on Beach Attendance. Marine Pollution Bulletin vol. 72, pgs 87-93.
- Atiyah. P. 2012. Measuring the Impacts of Mitigation Policies on Beach Use and Economic Values. Conference Proceedings, Annual World Congress on Oceans in Dalian, China.
- Atiyah, P. 2010. Economic Valuation of Marine and Coastal Resources in the United Arab Emirates. Conference Proceedings, Beyond Copenhagen: Environmental Diplomacy at the Crossroads, in collaboration with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates.
- Pendleton, L., Atiyah, P., and Moorthy, A. 2007. Is the Non-Market Literature Adequate to Support Coastal and Marine Management: A Review and Analysis. Ocean & Coastal Management vol. 50, pgs. 363-378.
- Atiyah, P. and Pendleton, L. 2006. The Non-Market Value of Beach Recreation. Conference Proceedings, International Conference on the Management of Coastal Recreational Resources, Euro-Mediterranean Centre on Insular Coastal Dynamics, Malta.
- Al-Samarrai, H., Matud, J., Wiesenthal, K. Atiyah, P., and Bruchet, A. 2005. Sensory evaluation of the odors produced during bromophenol formation using a multi-level statistical model. Water Science and Technology vol. 49, pgs. 241-248.
Ph.D., Environmental Management, University of California-Los Angeles, 2008
M.A., Environment and Development, University of London SOAS, 1999
B.Sc., Environmental Science, Northwestern University, 1998
B.Sc., Geography, Northwestern University, 1998
Office: Bassil 404