Developing and simulating practical bidding models that can capture complexities of the construction market, application of artificial intelligence and neural networks to study contractors’ strategies and simulate resources’ interaction in construction operations, and investigation of dispute resolution alternatives.
- Awwad, R., and Ioannou, P. (2010). “Impact of Contractor’s Risk Aversion and Project Cost Variance on Optimal Markup Decision”, Journal of Construction Engineering and Management, ASCE, Reston, VA (In preparation).
- Ioannou, P., and Awwad, R. (2009). “Below-Average Bidding Method”, Journal of Construction Engineering and Management, ASCE, Reston, VA (Accepted).
- Awwad, R., and Ioannou, P. (2009). “Less than Average Bid Method”, Proceedings of the 2009 Construction Research Congress (CRC), ASCE, Seattle, WA, April 5-7, 2009.
- Awwad, R., and Ioannou, P. (2007). “Floats in Repetitive Scheduling Method”, Proceedings of the 2007 Construction Research Congress (CRC), ASCE, Grand Bahama Island, Bahamas, May 6-8, 2007.
- Awwad, R., Behzadan, A., and Tsimhoni, O. (2006). “Comparative Analysis of Process Interaction and Activity Scanning Approaches in Simulation of Construction Operations”, Proceedings of the 2006 Winter Simulation Conference, IEEE, Monterrey, CA, Dec. 3-6, 2006.
- Issa, C., Awwad, R., and Sfeir, A. (2005). “Numerical Modeling of Plain Concrete Beams Strengthened with Externally Bonded CFRP”, Proceedings of the 2005 ASCE International Conference on Computing in Civil Engineering, Cancun, Mexico, July 12-15, 2005.
- Tabbara, M., Chatila, J., and Awwad, R. (2005). “Computational Simulation of Flow over Stepped Spillways”, Elsevier Computers and Structures Journal , Volume 83, Issue 27, pages 2215 - 2224.
- American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE)
- Lebanese Order of Engineers
- Ph.D. in Civil Engineering, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, USA, 2010
- M.S. in Industrial Engineering, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, USA, 2008
- M.S. in Construction Management, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, USA, 2005
- B.E. in Civil Engineering, Lebanese American University, Byblos, Lebanon, 2004
Office: Bassil 302