The Mounir Khatib Endowed Engineering Lecture Series: Introduction to Pavement Engineering
The Lebanese American University (LAU), in collaboration with the University of Nevada, Reno (UNR), is hosting a series of seminars on Pavement Engineering tailored to the academic and consulting industry in Lebanon. The seminars would offer the following benefits:
- The technical concepts of pavement engineering will be introduced to civil engineering students and consulting engineers.
- The participants will gain good understanding on how asphalt materials are produced, designed, and perform under the combined actions of traffic loads and the environment.
- With the technical backgrounds on the latest technologies in Pavement Engineering, engineers will be capable of designing and maintaining long lasting asphalt pavements with excellent benefit/cost ratios.
- Introduction to Asphalt Concrete (AC) Pavements
- Behavior and Engineering Properties of Asphalt Binders
- Behavior and Design of AC Mixtures
Gabriel Bazi, PhD, PE
Department of Civil Engineering
Lebanese American University
Peter E. Sebaaly, PhD, PE
Date and Time
Wednesday July 11, 2018 from 9:00 AM till 3:30 PM.
Frem Civic Center 205, LAU Byblos Campus, Blat (Map)
|9:00 AM – 9:30 AM (30 mins)||Registration + Coffee/breakfast|
|9:30 AM – 10:30 AM (60 mins)||Introduction to Asphalt Concrete (AC) Pavements|
|10:30 AM – 10:45 AM (15 mins)||Coffee Break|
|10:45 AM – 12:15 PM (90 mins)||Behavior and Engineering Properties of Asphalt Binders|
|12:15 PM – 1:15 PM (60 mins)||Lunch (Multipurpose Room, Frem Civic Center)|
|1:15 PM – 2:45 PM (90 mins)||Behavior and Design of AC Mixtures|
|3:00 PM – 3:30 PM (30 mins)||ELRC Civil Engineering Laboratory Tour (optional)|
There is no seminar fee, but advance registration is required since seats are limited.
To register for the seminar, please click here.
This seminar is sponsored by the Pavement Engineering & Science Program at the University of Nevada, Reno, USA.
Questions or commments? email us at CIESeminars@lau.edu.lb or call +961 9 547 262 Ext. 2851