Dr. Badr joined LAU in 1997 as Assistant Professor of Mechanical Engineering and was promoted to Associate Professor with limited tenure in October 2001 and to Full Professor in 2009. From 1999 to 2003 he served as the Faculty Representative of the Byblos Campus. He was appointed Interim Dean of the School of Engineering and Architecture from July 2003 until September 2005. In October 2005, Dr. Badr was appointed Assistant Vice President for Academic Programs. Dr. Badr also held a faculty position at the American University of Beirut from 1988 to 1991.
Dr. Badr serves as a consultant for many companies and executed several mechanical engineering projects. He is an active member of the American Society of Mechanical Engineers and a registered professional in the Lebanese Order of Engineers.
He has an extensive publication and research record. He is the author and co-author of numerous papers on residual stress analysis, metal fatigue, machine design and energy forecasting and analysis. He has presented several papers in local and international conferences.
- Badr E. A. “Stress Concentration Factors for Pressurized Elliptic Crossbores in Blocks-Part II- Effect of Block Geometry”, Experimental Techniques, Vol. 33, No. 3, 2009.
- Ghajar, R.F. and Badr E.A., “An Experimental Study of a Collector and Diffuser System on a Small Demonstration Wind Turbine” International Journal of Mechanical Engineering Education, Vol. 36, No. 1, 2008, pp. 58-68.
- Badr E. A. “Stress Concentration Factors for Pressurized Elliptic Crossbores in Blocks”, International Journal of Pressure Vessels and Piping, Vol. 83, No. 6, 2006, pp. 442-446.
- Badr E. A. “Strain Relaxation Slotting Method at a Crossbore: Simulation and Experimentation”, Experimental Techniques, Society of Experimental Mechanics, Vol. 28, No. 6, 2004, pp. 29-32.
- Nasr, G. E., Badr, E.A., Joun, C., “Backpropagation Neural Networks for Modeling Gasoline Consumption”, Energy Conversion and Management, Vol. 44, 2003, pp. 893-905.
- Saab, S. S., Nasr, G. E., Badr, E. A., “Compensation of Axle Generator Errors Due to Wheel Slip and Slide”, IEEE Transaction on Vehicular Technology Vol. 51 No 3, 2002.
- Badr, E. A., Sorem, J. R., Jr., and Tipton, S.M., Yang, S.,” An Analytical Procedure for Estimating Residual Stresses in Blocks Containing Crossbores” International Journal of Pressure Vessel and Piping, Vol. 77, No. 12, 2000.
- Badr, E. A., Sorem, J. R., and Tipton S. M., “Evaluation of The Autofrettage Effect on Fatigue Lives of Steel Blocks with Crossbores Using a statistical and a Strain Based Method,” ASTM Journal of Testing and Evaluation, Vol. 28, No. 3, 2000.
- Badr, E. A., Sorem, J. R., and Tipton S. M., ” Residual Stress Estimation in Crossbores with Bauschinger Effect Inclusion Using FEM and Strain Energy Density,” ASME Journal of Pressure Vessel Technology, Vol 121. No.4. 1999.
Ph.D., Mechanical Engineering, The University of Tulsa, USA, 1994
M.S., Mechanical Engineering, The University of Tulsa, USA, 1988
B.S., Mechanical Engineering, The University of Tulsa, USA, 1986
Adjunct Professor of Mechanical Engineering