- Development of modeling tools for simulation of electrified powertrains (self-sustaining hybrid, plug-in hybrid and electric vehicles).
- Development of energy management control strategies for performance and consumption optimization of hybrid and electric powertrains.<.li>
- Assessment of energy consumption, emissions and cost benefits of advanced transport technologies under real driving conditions.
- Interest in design of test bench and on-road experimental testing for powertrain components; and control strategy calibration and validation.
- Optimized energy management control for the Toyota Hybrid System using Dynamic Programming on a predicted route with short computation time, Intl. Journal of Automotive Technology, paper N° 220100321, 2012, vol.13, No. 2
- Dynamic modeling of the electro-mechanical configuration of the Toyota Hybrid System series/parallel powertrain, Intl. Journal of Automotive Technology, paper N° 220100178, 2011, vol. 13, No. 1
- Evaluating impact of electrified vehicles on fuel consumption and CO2 emissions reduction in Lebanese driving conditions using onboard GPS survey, Journal of Energy Procedia, Elsevier, 2011, vol. 6, pp. 261-276
- Modeling of the THS-II series/parallel power train and its energy management system, Proceedings of the FISITA 2010, World Automotive Congress, June 2010, Budapest, Hungary
- Energy savings potential of predictive control strategy - Toyota Prius case study, Proceedings of the 9th International CTI Innovative Automotive Transmissions and Hybrid & Electric Drives, December 2010, Berlin, Germany
- Outil d’évaluation et de scénarisation des consommations et des émissions des véhicules particuliers au Liban, Séminaire : « Eau, environnement, énergie et climat », Agence Universitaire Francophone, Berytech Technologie Santé, avril 2011, Liban
- Reporting on Number 1 air polluting source: Zoom in on the transport sector, ENPI-SEIS, Towards A Shared Environmental Information System In The European Neighborhood. Ministry of Environment and United Nations Development Program (UNDP). October 2011, Beirut, Lebanon.
- Assessment of mitigation technologies for road passengers’ transport in Lebanon, Technology Needs Assessment, 1st expert consultation meeting. Ministry of Environment and United Nations Development Program (UNDP). January 2012, Beirut, Lebanon
- Towards a sustainable and energy efficient policy for the transport sector in Lebanon, EcOrient Conference & 4th Lebanon Sustainability Week, June 2012, Beirut, Lebanon
PhD, Energy, Mines ParisTech, Paris, France, 2009.
ME, Energy, Mechanics and Mechatronics, Université de Technologie de Belfort-Montbéliard, France, 2003.
Diplome, Mechanical Engineering, Lebanese University, Lebanon, 2002.
Office: Bassil 203