I am interested in robotics and machine design with a focus on the actuator integration. I am particularly interested in the development of compact, lightweight, zero-backlash, and high torque-density actuators for manipulation applications.
- Brassitos, E., and Jalili, N., 2017, “Design and Development of a Compact High-Torque Robotic Actuator for Space Mechanisms,” ASME Journal of Mechanisms and Robotics.
- Brassitos, E., and Jalili, N., 2017, “Dynamic Model Development and Characterization of Gear Bearing Drive Transmission Systems: Theory and Experiments,” IEEE Transactions of Mechatronics (in review).
- Brassitos E,. and Mavroidis C., 2013,“Kinematics Analysis and Design Considerations of the Gear Bearing Drive”, in Advances in Mechanisms, Robotics and Design Education and Research, Kumar V., Schmiedeler J., Sreenivasan S. V., Su H. (Editors), Springer, pp. 159–175.
- Brassitos E., and Jalili, N., 2017, “Identifying Stiffness, Friction, and Kinematic Error Signature in the Gear Bearing Drive Transmission,” ” Proceedings of the ASME International Design Engineering Technical Conferences on Mechanisms and Robotics, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
- Brassitos, E., Dubowsky, S., 2015 , “Compact Drive System for Planetary Rovers and Space Manipulators”, proceedings of the ASME/IEEE International Conference on Advanced Intelligent Mechatronics, Busan, Korea.
- Brassitos, E., Kong, A., Mavroidis, M., Weinberg, B., 2014, “Design Improvements and Design Methodology for the Gear Bearing Drive: A Compact, Powerful and Cost Effective Robotic Actuator” Proceedings of the ASME International Design Engineering Technical Conferences on Mechanisms and Robotics, Buffalo, New York, USA.
- Brassitos, E., Mavroidis, C., Weinberg, B., 2013, “The Gear Bearing Drive: A Novel Compact Actuator for Robotic Joints” ” Proceedings of the ASME 2014 International Design Engineering Technical Conferences on Mechanisms and Robotics, Portland, Oregon, USA.
- Brassitos, E., Weinberg, B., Kong, Q., Mavroidis, C., “Gear Stabilization Techniques” Patent Application Publication PCT/US2015/034707
- Brassitos, E., Weinberg, B., Kong, Q., Mavroidis, C., “Curved Bearing Contact System” Patent Application Publication PCT/US2014/31566
- Recipient of a NASA Space Technology Research Fellowship award (2013, 2014, 2015, 2016)
- James Healy Fellowship award from Northeastern University for Excellence in Research and Innovation (2016)
PhD, MS, Mechanical Engineering, Northeastern University, Boston, MA, USA, 2017
BS, Mechanical Engineering, University of Massachusetts – Lowell, USA, 2011
Assistant Professor of Mechatronics Engineering
Office: Bassil 201