- Modeling and simulation of socio-technical systems for policy analysis
- Assessments of energy use, environmental impacts and costs for sustainable mobility
- Application of systems thinking and lean thinking in industrial and business contexts
- Technology entrepreneurship and strategic management in local and regional startups
- Haddad, M., & Otayek, R. (2018) Assessing the sustainment of a lean implementation using system dynamics modeling. International Journal of System Dynamics Applications. vol. 8(4), Forthcoming.
- Mansour, C., Haddad, M. & Zgheib, E. (2018) Assessing consumption, emissions and costs of electrified vehicles under real driving conditions in a developing country with an inadequate road transport system. Transportation Research Part D: Transport and Environment, vol. 63, pp. 498-513.
- Mansour C., Bou Nader W., Breque, F., Haddad, M., & Nemer M. (2018) Assessing additional fuel consumption from cabin thermal comfort and auxiliary needs on the worldwide harmonized light vehicles test cycle. Transportation Research Part D: Transport and Environment, vol. 62, pp. 139-15.
- Haddad, M., Mansour, C., & Afif, C. (2017) Future Trends and Mitigation Options for Energy Consumption and Greenhouse Gas Emissions in a Developing Country of the Middle East Region: a Case Study of Lebanon’s Road Transport Sector. Environmental Modeling & Assessment, vol. 23(3), pp. 263–276.
- Mansour, C., & Haddad, M. (2017). Well-to-wheel assessment for informing transition strategies to low-carbon fuel-vehicles in developing countries dependent on fuel imports: A case-study of road transport in Lebanon. Energy Policy, vol. 107, pp. 167-181.
- Haddad, M., Zouein, P., Salem, J., & Otayek, R. (2016). Case Study of Lean in Hospital Admissions to Inspire Culture Change. Engineering Management Journal, vol. 28(4), pp. 209-223.
- Haddad, M., & Mansour, C. (2019, March). Rethinking bus transit in a developing country of the Middle East: Energy consumption and emissions of alternative fuel bus technologies in the Greater Beirut Area. Forthcoming in International Conference on Innovative Applied Energy. Oxford, United Kingdom (UK).
- Haddad, M., & Otayek, R. (2018, July). Addressing the challenge of lean manufacturing sustainment with system dynamics modeling: a case study on apparel manufacturing in a developing country. In Proceedings of the 2nd European Conference on Industrial Engineering and Operations Management (IEOM), Paris, France.
- Haddad, M., Mansour, C., & Stephan, J. (2015, March). Unsustainability in emergent systems: A case study of road transport in the Greater Beirut Area. In 2015 International Conference on Industrial Engineering and Operations Management (IEOM). Dubai UAE pp. 1-10. IEEE.
- Haddad, M. (2007, April) Knowledge integration for technical problem solving in complex aerospace systems development: the case of military avionics. In MIT Lean Aerospace Initiative Plenary Conference on “Enterprise Transformation: Closing the Gap between Knowledge and Implementation”. Cambridge, MD.
- Haddad, M., & Mansour, C. (2018). Energy and emissions modeling for climate change mitigation from road transportation in the Middle East: a case study from Lebanon. Forthcoming in In H. Qudrat-Ullah & A. Kayal (Eds.), Climate Change and Energy Dynamics in the Middle East: Modeling and Simulation-Based Solutions. Springer.
Awards and Recognitions
- Best paper award in the system dynamics track of the 2nd European Conference on Industrial Engineering and Operations Management (IEOM), Paris, France, July 2018.
- Associate editor, International Journal of System Dynamics Applications, Aug. 2018 – present.
PhD in Technology Management and Policy, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (2008)
MS in Transportation Systems Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology (1998)
MS in Aerospace Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology (1993)
BE in Aerospace Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology (1992)
Minor in Composites Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology (1992)
Office: Bassil 207