PLM systems (CAD/CAPP/CAM) and Ergonomics.
Manufacturing Features Extraction
As a follow-up to his Ph.D. work, Dr. Harik conserved the axis of manufacturing features identification. Currently CAD systems are successful in the recognition and identification of 3-axis manufacturing features with poor recognition when it comes to complex 5-axis parts. During his Ph.D., Dr. Harik presented a multi-topological level process-planner-approach-based algorithm to extract manufacturing features. The effort is further expanded based on a neural chaining approach. Currently, a part similarity algorithm based on manufacturing features similarity is being developed on SOLIDWORKS. (Previous algorithms were applied on CATIA through CAA – Common Application Architecture.)
Geometry Model Reconstruction
This research deals with generating algorithms for B-rep model reconstruction out of a cloud of points. The algorithms will supposedly identify concentration areas in the cloud of points (result of a digitization process) to reconstruct faces, edges and the different attributes of the Geometrical Model. Since November 2007, this research activity has aimed to obtain a STEP-like neutral CAD file.
Ergonomics standards in Lebanon
In January 2009, Dr. Harik conducted anthropometric measurements to define the first Lebanese anthropometric table. A Lebanese Manikin model was then integrated in the PLM environment of CATIA. Currently, human engineering assessment of a classroom’s environment is conducted. This assessment will generate an Ergonomic Classroom Assessment (ECA) index to be used to assess classrooms with Lebanese students.
- R. Harik, V. Capponi, W. Derigent, Chapter: “Enhanced B-Rep Graph-based Feature Sequences Recognition using Manufacturing Constraints”, Book: “The Future of Product Development”, Author: “Frank-Lothar Krause”, Springer, ISBN 9783540698203, 2007.
- W. T. Joumaa, R. F. Harik and W. J. E. Derigent, “Identification of Ruled Surfaces in a Model Reconstruction Step”, Computer-Aided Design and Applications, vol. 6, no. 4, pp. 461–470, June 2009.
- R. F. Harik, W. J. E. Derigent and G. Ris, “Computer Aided Process Planning in Aircraft Manufacturing”, Computer-Aided Design and Applications, vol. 5, no. 6, pp. 953, June 2008.
- Ramy Harik, Vincent Capponi, William Derigent, Muriel Lombard, Gabriel Ris, “Computer-aided process planning support functions”, International Journal of Product Lifecycle Management (IJPLM), vol. 3, no. 4, pp. 319–334, 2008.
- HARIK R., DURUPT A., DERIGENT W., RIS G., Identification des entités minces pour la fabrication, 10ème colloque national AIP-Primeca, La Plagne, France, April 17–20, 2007.
- HARIK R., CAPPONI V., RIS G., Enhanced functions supporting aeronautical process planning, Proceedings of the Multiconference CESA’2006, Computational Engineering in Systems Applications, Beijing, China, October 4–6, 2006.
- HARIK R., RIS G., Aeronautical planar flank milling automation: Computing the G-zones, Proceedings of IDETC/CIE 2006, ASME International Design Engineering Technical Conferences & Computers and Information in Engineering Conference, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA, September 10–13, 2006.
- CANDLOT A., HARIK R., Expert knowledge justification in PLC models applied to flank milling, Special Track “Integrated Design of Product and Manufacturing Process”, 12th IFAC Symposium on Information Control Problems (INCOM), Saint-Etienne, France, May 17–19, 2006.
- HARIK R., DERIGENT W., RIS G., Automating the flank milling planar surfaces milling process: Extracting the machining directions, 6th International conference on integrated design and manufacturing in mechanical engineering (IDMME), Alpexpo, Grenoble, France, May 17–19, 2006.
- HARIK R., LOMBARD M., DERIGENT W., Product model adjustment methodology to support its product lifecycle management, Integrated Design and Production, Casablanca, Morocco, November 9–11, 2005.
- DERIGENT W., HARIK R., LOMBARD M., RIS G., Development and integration of a 5 axis flank milling feature into a STEP Model, 17th IMACS World Congress, Paris, France, July 11–15, 2005.
- DERIGENT W., HARIK R., LOMBARD M., RIS G., Definition of the mechanical engineering workstation: towards a multi-viewpoint product modeling, First International Congress Design and Modeling of Mechanical Systems, Hammamet, Tunisia, March 21–23, 2005.
Ph.D., Industrial Engineering, Ecole Doctorale IAEM, Poincare University, Nancy I, France, 2007
DEA, Automated Production, Henri Poincare University, Nancy I, France, 2004
Diplome, Mechanical Engineering, Lebanese University, Lebanon, 2003
- Reviewer for several international journals and conferences including Computer Aided Design & Applications.
- Member of the Institute of Industrial Engineers (IIE).
- Member of the American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME).
- Member of the program advisory board of the international conferences CAD’08 and CAD’09.
- Currently, conference co-chair and member of the program advisory board of the CAD’10 edition.