- Quantitative Risk Analysis
- System Dynamics Modeling and Applications
- Statistical Quality Control
- Volkan Cakir and Adrian Gheorghe “Longitudinal Academic Performance Analysis Using a Two-Step Clustering Methodology” International Journal of Engineering Education Vol. 33, No. 1(A), pp. 203–215, 2017.
- Seyma Colakoglu, Turan Bayhan, Betül Tavil, Ebru Yilmaz Keskin, Volkan Cakir, Fatma Gümrük, Mualla Çetin, Selin Aytaç, Ergul Berber, “Molecular genetic analysis of the F11 gene in 14 Turkish patients with factor XI deficiency: identification of novel and recurrent mutations and their inheritance within families” Blood Transfusion 2016.
- Ali Firat Elci and Volkan Cakir, “Analysis of Project Profitability and Schedule Overruns Using System Dynamics, A Case Study of Trigeneration System”, International Conference on Industrial Engineering and Operations Management-IEOM, Paris-France, July 26-27, 2018.
- Ugur Hosyilmaz and Volkan Cakir, “A System Dynamics Approach Model for Quitting Smoking Behavior and an Analysis in Turkey”, International Conference on Industrial Engineering and Operations Management-IEOM, Paris-France, July 26-27, 2018.
PhD. Engineering Management, Old Dominion University, USA, 2011
MS. Industrial Engineering, Middle East Technical University, Turkey, 2001
BS. Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Turkish Air Force Academy, Turkey, 1992
- Member of System Dynamics Society
- International Council on Systems Engineering
- American Society for Engineering Management
Visiting Assistant Professor
Office: Bassil 206