Professional Online Joint Diploma in Green Technologies
The Buildings specialization in the Green Technology Diploma program aims to provide in-depth knowledge in sustainable practices for building design, construction, operation, and demolition processes. It offers both quantitative and qualitative tools for design and evaluation of performance of new and existing buildings including materials, envelope, heating, cooling, and ventilation systems that provide comfort and good air quality, and building energy demands. It also offers essential knowledge of green building concepts needed for rating buildings and minimizing their impact on the environment and the depletion of natural resources.
Green buildings is the new gold standard. The Pro-Green diploma will put you on track to becoming a LEED accredited professional. The Buildings specialization is classified under I) general green building modules that are of interest to engineers and architects and II) mechanical and electrical building services related to building operation and control.
Students specializing in Buildings are required to complete a minimum of 6 and up to 8 credits courses as explained in the program description below. Many of the courses are built around 2-credit hour/s modules. Some include applied projects.
Each module will present 1 credit hour of US system which is equivalent to 14 lectures or equivalent in e-learning format + 3 hours of study or work per lecture. It is also equivalent to 1.5 to 2 ECTS (European Credit Transfer System). One ECTS credit corresponds to 25-30 hours study, 10 hourly lectures plus the individual work/study of approximately 1 to 2.5 hours per lecture.
See the detailed list of courses offered in the Green Building syllabus.
- Students will understand the concept of sustainability in the built environment and the building needs in providing desired comfort and air quality to occupants.
- Students will be able to design, select, and evaluate building envelope and heating and cooling systems in terms of energy performance and achieving low or zero-net energy building.
- Students will be able to implement innovative solutions to improve building energy performance.
- Students will understand energy generation systems that can be utilized in low or zero-net energy building.
- Students will apply sustainability concepts related green construction, deconstruction of buildings, and waste management.
For more information, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.