Nadim Zakhia Zakhia
Professor of Practice
Office: Bassil 401
Renewable and sustainable energy – production and storage of solar fuels.
- Nadim Z. Zakhia, “The Effect of the pitch-to-diameter on Pressure Drop across Restrictions of a Tube Support Plate Used in Heat Exchangers”. International Conference on Research in Education and Science (ICRES), Bodrum, Turkey, May 19-22, 2016.
- T. Hatem, N. Zakhia, B. Zeghondy, J. Jelwan. (2016). “Prognosis and numerical analysis of the pressure drop in slush hydrogen vacuum-jacketed transfer lines”. Journal of Interfacial Phenomena and Heat Transfer, volume 4, pp. 157-180.
- Al Asmar, J., Zakhia, N., Kouta, R., & Wack, M. (2016, July). Decision making for best cogeneration power integration into a grid. Journal of American Institute of Physics, AIP Conference Proceedings (Vol. 1758, No. 1, p. 020010). AIP Publishing.
- J. Dgheim*, M. Abdallah, N. Zakhia, N. Nasr. (2013). Physical Parameters Effects on Multicomponent hydrocarbon Droplet Evaporation. Journal of Energy, Heat and Mass Transfer, Vol. 35, pp. 1-19.
- J. Dgheim, M. Abdallah, R. Habchi, N. Zakhia. (2011). Heat and Mass Transfer Investigation of Rotating Hydrocarbons Droplet Which Behaves as a Hard Sphere. Journal of Applied Mathematical Modeling, vol. 36, issue7.
- Nadim Z. Zakhia, “Innovative Computational Simulation of Slush Hydrogen in Vacuum-Jacketed Ducts”. Proceedings of ASME, FEDSM2001, vol.1, 2001.
- Nadim Z. Zakhia, “Computational Analysis of Flow Dynamics of Slush Hydrogen in Transfer Ducts”. Proceedings of the ASME, Fluids Engineering Division Summer Meeting, vol.1, 2001.
- Nadim Z. Zakhia, “Flow Characterization of Slush Hydrogen in Transfer Lines”. Proceedings of ASME, 35th National Heat Transfer Conference, vol.1, 2001.
- Zakhia, N. (1995). [Review of the book: Introduction to thermal sciences thermodynamics, fluid dynamics, heat transfer by Frank W. Schmidt, Robert E. Henderson, Carl H. Wolgemuth], 5th ed., McGraw Hill, 1994.
- Hutcheson, Linton; Zakhia, Nadim; Butler, Todd; Smith, Mike; Cline, Charles; Scruggs, Steve “An experimental procedure investigating the effects of the lunar environment on the physical properties of simulated lunar soil”. NASA Technical Report Server, NTRS; Report Number: ME-4182, NAS 1.26:184927, NASA-CR-184927, 1987.
PhD, Doctor of Philosophy in Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, University of Central Florida, Orlando, FL, USA, 1995
MSME, Master of Science in Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, University of Central Florida, Orlando, FL, USA, 1990.
BSME, Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, Georgia, 1987
Diplôme TEMPUS MEDA, Assurance de la qualité dans le système universitaire Libanais (AQSUL), Université de Palerme, Sicile, Italie, 2008.
- ASME - Associate member and correspondent in Lebanon (1995 – 2000).
- ASHRAE – Associate member.
- ASTFE - Member of the American Society of Thermal and Fluids Engineers.