About the School
The school is driven by its mission according to its core values as it strives to realize its set vision. In framing all its purpose statements listed below, the school has observed the LAU Mission, Values, and Vision statements.
To educate students and provide them with abilities to succeed as engineers and as responsible citizens, and to graduate them with distinctive skills that are sought after in the professional world and graduate schools.
The School of Engineering at LAU aspires to be top ranked in the region through excellence in teaching, research and scholarship, and service. Our graduates will be the engineering leaders of tomorrow who can tackle both local and global challenges.
Core School Values
The School of Engineering at LAU is guided by the following core values in delivering its mission and pursuing its vision.
- Integrity and Transparency: Through academic freedom and responsibility; ethical behavior; honesty; respect; and shared governance.
- Academic Excellence: Through excellence in teaching; student centeredness; quality of scholarship and research; and innovation, critical thinking, life‐long learning, leadership,interpersonal skills, and values that enhance student success as trademarks of our efforts.
- Inclusiveness and Diversity: Through civility and the free exchange of ideas and appreciation for the perspectives of individuals from diverse backgrounds.
- Environmental Stewardship: Through promotion of sustainable resource management and reduction of negative impact on the environment.
- Effective Leadership: Through inspiration and motivation, and encouragement of responsible and accountable conduct; and participative governance.