Professor and Vice President for Business Development and Global Affairs
He has an extensive publication and research record. He is the author and co-author of numerous papers on residual stress analysis, metal fatigue, machine design and energy forecasting and analysis. He has presented several papers in local and international conferences.
- Badr E. A. “Stress Concentration Factors for Pressurized Elliptic Crossbores in Blocks-Part II- Effect of Block Geometry”, Experimental Techniques, Vol. 33, No. 3, 2009.
- Ghajar, R.F. and Badr E.A., “An Experimental Study of a Collector and Diffuser System on a Small Demonstration Wind Turbine” International Journal of Mechanical Engineering Education, Vol. 36, No. 1, 2008, pp. 58-68.
- Badr E. A. “Stress Concentration Factors for Pressurized Elliptic Crossbores in Blocks”, International Journal of Pressure Vessels and Piping, Vol. 83, No. 6, 2006, pp. 442-446.
- Badr E. A. “Strain Relaxation Slotting Method at a Crossbore: Simulation and Experimentation”, Experimental Techniques, Society of Experimental Mechanics, Vol. 28, No. 6, 2004, pp. 29-32.
- Nasr, G. E., Badr, E.A., Joun, C., “Backpropagation Neural Networks for Modeling Gasoline Consumption”, Energy Conversion and Management, Vol. 44, 2003, pp. 893-905.
- Saab, S. S., Nasr, G. E., Badr, E. A., “Compensation of Axle Generator Errors Due to Wheel Slip and Slide”, IEEE Transaction on Vehicular Technology Vol. 51 No 3, 2002.
- Badr, E. A., Sorem, J. R., Jr., and Tipton, S.M., Yang, S.,” An Analytical Procedure for Estimating Residual Stresses in Blocks Containing Crossbores” International Journal of Pressure Vessel and Piping, Vol. 77, No. 12, 2000.
- Badr, E. A., Sorem, J. R., and Tipton S. M., “Evaluation of The Autofrettage Effect on Fatigue Lives of Steel Blocks with Crossbores Using a statistical and a Strain Based Method,” ASTM Journal of Testing and Evaluation, Vol. 28, No. 3, 2000.
- Badr, E. A., Sorem, J. R., and Tipton S. M., ” Residual Stress Estimation in Crossbores with Bauschinger Effect Inclusion Using FEM and Strain Energy Density,” ASME Journal of Pressure Vessel Technology, Vol 121. No.4. 1999.
Ph.D., Mechanical Engineering, The University of Tulsa, USA, 1994
M.S., Mechanical Engineering, The University of Tulsa, USA, 1988
B.S., Mechanical Engineering, The University of Tulsa, USA, 1986