Noel J. Maalouf
Visiting Assistant Professor
Office: Bassil 101
To be announced later
- Legged Robots
- Assistive Robotics
- Environment Perception with limited sensing capabilities
Peer Reviewed Journals
- A. Kamar*, N. Maalouf*, E. Hitti, G. El Eid, H. Isma’eel and I. H. Elhajj, ”Challenge of forecasting demand of medical resources and supplies during a pandemic: A comparative evaluation of three surge calculators for COVID-19.” Epidemiology & Infection 149 (2021).
- N. Maalouf, I. H. Elhajj, E. Shammas, and D. Asmar, ”Biomimetic Energy-Based Humanoid Gait Design,” Journal of Intelligent & Robotic Systems, 2020, pp.1-19.
- N. Maalouf, A. Sidaoui, I. H. Elhajj, and D. Asmar, “Robotics in Nursing: A Scoping Review, “Journal of Nursing Scholarship, (2018)
- N. Maalouf, I. H. Elhajj, E. Shammas, & D. Asmar, “Humanoid push recovery using sensory reweighting,” Robotics and Autonomous Systems, 94, 208-218, (2017).
Peer Reviewed Conferences
- J. Bednarek*, N. Maalouf* et al., ”CNN-based Foothold Selection for Mechanically Adaptive Soft Foot,” 2020 IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems(IROS), 2020, pp. 10225-10232.
- Z. Awad, R. Akel, N. Maalouf and I. H. Elhajj, ”Terrain Classification for Bipedal Robots: A Comparative Study,” 2020 10th Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers Inter-national Conference on Cyber Technology in Automation, Control, and Intelligent Systems(CYBER), Xi’an, 2020, pp. 61-66.
- N. Maalouf, I. H. Elhajj, E. Shammas and D. Asmar, “Energy-based control applied to humanoid robots,” 2017 IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Biomimetics (ROBIO), Macau, Macao, 2017, pp. 2591-2598.
- N. Maalouf, I. H. Elhajj, E. Shammas and D. Asmar, “Imitating humans: Humanoid gait design based on energy exchange,” 2017 IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Biomimetics (ROBIO), Macau, Macao, 2017, pp. 2599-2604.
- N. Maalouf, A. Kanso, B. Khalife, I. Elhajj, H. Chami and C. Ayoub, “Automated Sedation using propofol and midazolam based on Bispectral Index for ICU patients,” 2016 IEEE International Multidisciplinary Conference on Engineering Technology (IMCET), Beirut, 2016, pp.42-46.
- N. Maalouf, I. H. Elhajj, D. Asmar and E. Shammas, “Model-free human-like humanoid push recovery,” 2015 IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Biomimetics (ROBIO), Zhuhai, 2015, pp. 1560-1565.
- N. Maalouf, I. H. Elhajj, D. Asmar and E. Shammas, “Energy minimization in humanoid gait, “2016 18th Mediterranean Electrotechnical Conference (MELECON), Lemesos, 2016, pp. 1-6.
PhD. Electrical and Computer Engineering (Robotics and Control Systems), American University of Beirut, Lebanon, 2018
B.E. Electrical and Computer Engineering, American University of Beirut, Lebanon, 2012
- OEA member since 2014