Associate Professor, Program Coordinator of Mechatronics Engineering
Office: Bassil 105
General areas of interest: smart grids, power system modelling, simulation, analysis and operation.
Current research: the impact of Distributed Generation (DG) on distribution networks, including the impact on distribution network line protection, voltage regulation and maximizing DG integration levels.
- S. Neshvad, H. Margossian, J. Sachau, “Topology and Branch Parameter Estimation in Power Systems through Pseudo-Random Binary Stimulations”, IET Generation, Transmission and Distribution, 2016
- H. Margossian, G. Deconinck, J. Sachau, “Distribution Network Protection Considering Grid Code Requirements for Distributed Generation”, IET Generation, Transmission and Distribution, 2015
- F. Capitanescu, L. Ochoa, H. Margossian, N. Hatziargyriou, “Assessing the Potential of Network Reconfiguration to Improve Distributed Generation Hosting Capacity in Active Distribution Systems”, IEEE Transaction on Power Systems, 2014
Peer Reviewed Conference Papers
- H. Margossian, J. Sachau, G. Deconinck, “Short Circuit Calculation in a Network with a High Share of Inverter Based Distributed Generation”, the proceedings of the 5th IEEE International Symposium on Power Electronics for Distributed Generation Systems, Galway, Ireland, 2014.
- H. Margossian, F. Capitanescu, J. Sachau, “Feeder Protection Challenges with High Penetration of Inverter Based Distributed Generation”, the proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Computer as a Tool (EUROCON), Zagreb, Croatia, 2013
- H. Margossian, F. Capitanescu, J. Sachau, “Distributed Generation Status Estimation for Adaptive Feeder Protection in Active Distribution Grids”, the proceedings of the CIRED International Conference on Electricity Distribution Systems for a sustainable future, Stockholm, Sweden, 2013
Dual Ph.D., Electrical Engineering, University of Leuven, Belgium, and University of Luxembourg, Luxembourg, 2015
M.S., Electrical Power Engineering, Royal Institute of Technology, Sweden, 2010
B.E. , Electrical and Computer Engineering, American University of Beirut, Lebanon, 2008