Office: Bassil 301
or by appointment
- Reuse of waste materials in Civil engineering applications
- Laboratory characterization of new construction materials
- Modelling the behaviour of waste materials
Peer-Reviewed Journal Articles
- Indraratna, B., Qi, Y., Malisetty, R. S., Navaratnarajah, S. K., Mehmood, F. and Tawk, M. (2022) ‘Recycled materials in railroad substructure: an energy perspective’, Railway Engineering Science, 30(3), pp. 304-322.
- Tawk, M. and Indraratna, B. (2021) ‘Role of Rubber Crumbs on the Stress-Strain Response of a Coal Wash Matrix’, Journal of Materials in Civil Engineering, 33(3), pp. 04020480.
- Tawk, M., Qi, Y., Indraratna, B., Rujikiatkamjorn, C. and Heitor, A. (2021) ‘Behavior of a Mixture of Coal Wash and Rubber Crumbs under Cyclic Loading’, Journal of Materials in Civil Engineering, 33(5), pp. 04021054.
- Indraratna, B., Qi, Y., Tawk, M., Heitor, A., Rujikiatkamjorn, C. and Navaratnarajah, S. K. (2020) ‘Advances in Ground Improvement Using Waste Materials for Transportation Infrastructure’, Proceedings of the Institution of Civil Engineers - Ground Improvement, 0(0), pp. 1-44.
- Indraratna, B., Rujikiatkamjorn, C., Tawk, M. and Heitor, A. (2019) ‘Compaction, degradation and deformation characteristics of an energy absorbing matrix’, Transportation Geotechnics, 19, pp. 74-83.
- Wang, D., Tawk, M., Indraratna, B., Heitor, A. and Rujikiatkamjorn, C. (2019) ‘A mixture of coal wash and fly ash as a pavement substructure material’, Transportation Geotechnics, 21, pp. 100265.
- Kaafarani, R., Abou-Jaoude, G., Wartman, J. and Tawk, M. (2019) ‘Landslide susceptibility mapping based on triggering factors using a multi-modal approach’.
Peer-Reviewed Conference Papers
- Tawk, M., Qi, Y., Kulappu Arachchige, C. M. and Indraratna, B. (2023) ‘A Sustainable Foundation: Recycling Waste Rubber Tyres in the Railway Track’, Proceedings of the 9ICEG 9th International Congress on Environmental Geotechnics, Volume 4.
- Indraratna, B., Qi, Y., Rujikiatkamjorn, C., Tawk, M., Mehmood, F., Navaratnarajah, S. K., Neville, T. and Grant, J. ‘Smart Solutions in a Circular Economy for Advancing Railroad Design and Construction Using Recycled Materials’. Geotechnical Lessons Learnt—Building and Transport Infrastructure Projects, Singapore, 2023: Springer Nature Singapore, 1-32.
- Tawk, M., Indraratna, B., Qi, Y., Mehmood, F. and Heitor, A. ‘Recycling of marginal materials to replace traditional capping in track substructure’ (2022), 20th International Conference on Soil Mechanics and Geotechnical Engineering (ICSMGE 2022)
- Tawk, M., Indraratna, B., Rujikiatkamjorn, C. and Heitor, A. ‘A Mixture of Waste Materials as a Construction Fill in Transportation Infrastructure’. Advances in Transportation Geotechnics IV, Cham, 2022: Springer International Publishing, 565-577.
- Indraratna, B., Qi, Y., Tawk, M. and Rujikiatkamjorn, C. (2022) ‘Mining Waste Materials and Recycled Rubber Matrix for Rail Tracks under Cyclic Loading’, Geo-Congress 2022, pp. 239-248.
- Qi, Y., Indraratna, B. and Tawk, M. (2020) ‘Use of Recycled Rubber Elements in Track Stabilisation’, Geo-Congress 2020, pp. 49-59.
- Tawk, M., Indraratna, B., Rujikiatkamjorn, C. and Heitor, A. (2019) ‘Review on Compaction and Shearing-Induced Breakage of Granular Material’. Geotechnics for Transportation Infrastructure. Singapore: Springer Singapore, 259-270.
PhD, Civil Engineering, University of Wollongong, Australia, 2020
BE, Civil Engineering, Lebanese American University, Lebanon, 2016
- Member – American Society of Civil Engineers ASCE (2012-present)
- Member – Australian Geomechanics Society AGS (2018-2021)
- Vice President – Centre for Geomechanics and Railway Engineering (2018-2019)