Office: Bassil 207
T R: 10:00-11:00
and by appointment on Webex
- Modeling and simulation of socio-technical systems for policy analysis
- Assessments of energy use, environmental impacts and costs for sustainable mobility
- Application of systems thinking and lean thinking in industrial and business contexts
- Technology entrepreneurship and strategic management in local and regional startups
- Basma, H., Mansour, C., Haddad, M., Nemer, M. & Stabat, P. (2020). Comprehensive energy modeling methodology for battery electric buses. Energy. vol. 207 (118241), pp. 1-14.
- Haddad, M., & Otayek, R. (2019) Assessing the sustainment of a lean implementation using system dynamics modeling. International Journal of System Dynamics Applications. vol. 8(4), pp. 14-29.
- Mansour, C., Haddad, M. & Zgheib, E. (2018) Assessing consumption, emissions and costs of electrified vehicles under real driving conditions in a developing country with an inadequate road transport system. Transportation Research Part D: Transport and Environment, vol. 63, pp. 498-513.
- Mansour C., Bou Nader W., Breque, F., Haddad, M., & Nemer M. (2018) Assessing additional fuel consumption from cabin thermal comfort and auxiliary needs on the worldwide harmonized light vehicles test cycle. Transportation Research Part D: Transport and Environment, vol. 62, pp. 139-15.
- Haddad, M., Mansour, C., & Afif, C. (2017) Future Trends and Mitigation Options for Energy Consumption and Greenhouse Gas Emissions in a Developing Country of the Middle East Region: a Case Study of Lebanon’s Road Transport Sector. Environmental Modeling & Assessment, vol. 23(3), pp. 263–276.
- Mansour, C., & Haddad, M. (2017). Well-to-wheel assessment for informing transition strategies to low-carbon fuel-vehicles in developing countries dependent on fuel imports: A case-study of road transport in Lebanon. Energy Policy, vol. 107, pp. 167-181.
- Haddad, M., Zouein, P., Salem, J., & Otayek, R. (2016). Case Study of Lean in Hospital Admissions to Inspire Culture Change. Engineering Management Journal, vol. 28(4), pp. 209-223.
- Zouein, P., Haddad, M., El Hajj, P., & Bettany, R. (2020, August). Alleviating airport terminal congestion through dynamic space reallocation. In Proceedings of the 5th NA International Conference on Industrial Engineering and Operations Management. Detroit, MI. pp 1921-1932.
- Basma, H., Mansour, C., Nemer, M., Stabat, P., & Haddad, M. (2020, April). Sensitivity analysis of bus line electrification at different operating conditions. 8th Transport Research Arena TRA 2020, Helsinki, Finland.
- Haddad, M., Mansour, C., & Diab, J. (2019, November). System dynamics modeling for mitigating energy use and CO2 emissions of freight transport in Lebanon. In International Conference on Industrial Engineering and Operations Management (IEOM). Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
- Basma, H., Mansour, C., Stabat, P., Haddad, M., & Nemer, M. (2019, June). Comprehensive energy assessment of battery electric buses and diesel buses. 32nd International Conference on Efficiency, Cost, Optimization, Simulation and Environmental Impact of Energy Systems, Wroclaw, Poland.
- Haddad, M., & Mansour, C. (2019, March). Rethinking bus transit in a developing country of the Middle East: Energy consumption and emissions of alternative fuel bus technologies in the Greater Beirut Area. Forthcoming in International Conference on Innovative Applied Energy. Oxford, United Kingdom (UK).
- Haddad, M., & Otayek, R. (2018, July). Addressing the challenge of lean manufacturing sustainment with system dynamics modeling: a case study on apparel manufacturing in a developing country. In Proceedings of the 2nd European Conference on Industrial Engineering and Operations Management (IEOM), Paris, France.
- Haddad, M., Mansour, C., & Stephan, J. (2015, March). Unsustainability in emergent systems: A case study of road transport in the Greater Beirut Area. In 2015 International Conference on Industrial Engineering and Operations Management (IEOM). Dubai UAE pp. 1-10. IEEE.
- Haddad, M. (2007, April) Knowledge integration for technical problem solving in complex aerospace systems development: the case of military avionics. In MIT Lean Aerospace Initiative Plenary Conference on “Enterprise Transformation: Closing the Gap between Knowledge and Implementation”. Cambridge, MD.
- Haddad, M., & Otayek, R. (2020, September). A Framework for Using Dynamic Modeling to Support Lean Sustainment in a Complex Setting: Illustrated With a Case Study From Manufacturing. In Azar, A. T., & Kamal, N. A. (Ed.), Handbook of Research on Modeling, Analysis, and Control of Complex Systems (pp. 91-110). IGI Global.
- Haddad, M., & Mansour, C. (2019, March). Energy and emissions modeling for climate change mitigation from road transportation in the Middle East: a case study from Lebanon. In H. Qudrat-Ullah & A. Kayal (Eds.), Climate Change and Energy Dynamics in the Middle East: Modeling and Simulation-Based Solutions (pp. 47-48). Springer.
Awards and Recognitions
- Best paper award in the system dynamics track of 5th NA International Conference on Industrial Engineering and Operations Management (IEOM), Detroit, MI, August 2020.
- Best paper award in the system dynamics track of the 2nd European Conference on Industrial Engineering and Operations Management (IEOM), Paris, France, July 2018.
- Member of the Editorial Review Board, International Journal of System Dynamics Applications, Aug. 2018 – present.
PhD in Technology Management and Policy, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (2008)
MS in Transportation Systems Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology (1998)
MS in Aerospace Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology (1993)
BE in Aerospace Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology (1992)
Minor in Composites Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology (1992)