The Structures Lab has a Reaction wall and strong floor (RWSF) with an 8 meter high ceiling, 20 ton Overhead crane and a Personnel Lift.
It is equipped with a state of the art actuator system composed of the following:
- Two latest generation Bosch hydraulic actuators with up to 1200 KN capacity and maximum frequency of up to 10 Hz
- Hydraulic power unit including High Precision servovalves, shutoff valves and accumulators
- Backlash free Swivel Heads for specimen and base mounting
- 4 axis high speed Servo controller
- Cooling System
- High Accuracy/High speed Integrated Control and Data Acquisition system having 16 strain and 16 voltage channels expandable up to 1000 channels
- High Precision Load cells
- Pin-joint support accessories
- 500 KN Hydraulic Jack kit
Two dimensional Seismic simulations on Full-scale specimen are possible in this lab which makes it unique in its capabilities not only in Lebanon but in the region as well.
Structures Lab Video