Posted May 10, 2019
BMW Group Beirut Hackathon 2019 @ LAU
The BMW Group and the Lebanese American University are organizing the BMW Group Beirut Hackathon 2019 at the LAU campus in Beirut on October 8 and 9, 2019,
This event is the main catalyzer behind a major initiative by BMW Group to engage with the universities and educational institutions in Lebanon, in order to establish scientific collaborations and provide top Lebanese engineering graduates with opportunities at internships, Master and Ph.D. scholarships, and job opportunities at the BMW Group headquarters in Munich.
The BMW Group Beirut Hackathon 2019 @ LAU involves eight major universities, including (in alphabetic order): American University of Beirut (AUB), Antonine University (UA), Holy Spirit University of Kaslik (USEK), Lebanese American University (LAU), Lebanese University (UL), Notre-Dame University (NDU), Saint Joseph University (USJ), and University of Balamand (UoB). Every university will have at most 4 participating teams of 3 engineering or computer science students each, competing in a 24-hour programming marathon that BMW Group will define based on its use cases. This year’s competition will focus on the Robotic Process Automation (RPA) within BMW Group’s Logistics Robotics department.
The event is organized with the participation of Alfa GSM Operator, Lebanon, NVIDIA Corporation, USA, and Oracle Corporation USA.
We invite the academic advisors involved from each participating university to solicit their best students to form their university-representative teams. Once the teams from every university have been shortlisted and vetted by their advisors, every participating team needs to register using the following link, before August 30th 2019 (firm deadline).
Participating teams should train to effectively use the following technologies:
- Create Micro-services in .NET Core (C#)
- Machine Learning (Python Scikit learn)
- Angular (front end)
- SQL (relational DB)
- Docker (virtual OS)
More information on the event and preparation material can be found here.
A webinar will be organized on September 4th, 2019 to provide more information about the hackathon use case and underlying technologies. Details will be provided to the registered participants.
- USD 9,500 for the winning team, in both cash money and gifts from BMW Group, Alfa, Nvidia, and Oracle, in addition to 3 internship opportunities at BMW Group, Munich
- USD 4,500 for the first runner-up, in both cash money and gifts from BMW Group, Alfa, Nvidia, and Oracle, in addition to 3 internship opportunities at BMW Group, Munich
- USD 3,000 for the second runner-up, , in both cash money and gifts from BMW Group, Alfa, Nvidia, and Oracle, in addition to 3 internship opportunities at BMW Group, Munich
For more information, please contact your university advisor, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- BMW Group Beirut Hackathon 2019
Oct 8–9 8:30 AM–23:59
Irwin Auditorium, Beirut campus